www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Introducing Grace O'Malley

Third Black Kittie is now Grace O'Malley, at least, pending further developments.

Grace O'Malley was a 16th Century Irish noble, rebel, and all around hell raiser interesting character.  She was accused of piracy, although most of the stories make her sound more like a privateer or scavenger than an active against-all-flags pirate.  She was a contemporary of Queen Elizabeth I, and they even met one time.


Grace (the kittie) is still settling in.  She and Anne Bonny spend a lot of time yelling at each other, but so far whopping and chasing is minimal.  Mary Read seems not really to care if Grace is around or not.


The next project is going to have to be scrapping up the money to neuter the new kittie, if even I can.  Grace is almost certainly pregnant, and I'm not sure the Vet will even spay her in that condition.  The other option is to let her go, and trust Gracie knows enough to tend to the kittens, because I don't have a clue what to do if Grace ignores the kittens.


Hang on, things might start getting complicated around here.


As for the Gray Kittie sidekick, she is still around, and will let me rub her head and sometimes even stroke her back.  She will not, ever, come into the house.  She will follow Grace O'Malley toward the door, and just before Grace hops into the house, Gray Kittie looks up, sees me (or the house itself, maybe) and stops dead with her eyes big.  If we are still in this position once the weather gets nicer, I'm planning to prop the door open and leave the area.  Maybe that will get her in the house.

6 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

How dear YOU are to be such a loving kitty tender. xoxox

Oui Oui said...

The mom's first kitty was a young, pregnant stray. They just seem to know what to do, she was an excellent mom and the kittens were so much fun! The vet wouldn't spay her until the kittens were weaned. The mom was lucky she found loving homes for all of them easily.

1-4 Grace said...

Still around, not blogging much.
Kitties are all good. Mugsy is knocking stuff off my desk as I type.

curator said...

Grace O'Malley! What a great name. I wish I were closer - I would help look after tiny kittens if need be. (Though it tugs at the heart so...Elizabeth was 4.5 weeks when we found her and I sometimes thought I couldn't handle THAT!)

Cindy Adkins said...

Lots of purrs from Buster, Rudy and Sam and hugs from me!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

what a verreh delightful name. surgeries is always troublesome expensive, perhaps you could try trotting out teh tip jar? teh CB is usually pretteh halpful and generous, and even iffin everybuddy only gives one green paper it can be verreh halpful. my mommeh uses Muffin's when she has to does this, perhaps there is a program like this close to you? she buys teh certificate online and it is sented to her - it is way cheaper than paying full price - and then she goes through teh list on the site of v-e-t's that accept teh certificate, and all is covered unner it: pre-surgical exam, surgery, antibiotics for after, and stitch removal.
http://www.muffins.org/osCommerce/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=29