www.flickr.com

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sad News

It looks like Grace O'Malley is no longer pregnant, and not in a good way.


This morning I was cleaning out the litter boxes, and by one of them I found two new-born kittens, both dead, and still in their birth sacks (or whatever those things are officially called).  They must have been born sometime during the night.  I have no idea whether they were stillborn, or Grace just had no idea what to do after they were born.


Grace had a mess by her tail.  I cleaned her up, and for once she didn't struggle when I tried to wash her.  She is laying beside me on the table now, purring.  She might be a bit more subdued than usual, but  she seems to be doing OK.

I just thought you might want to know about this.

6 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh purrs to you and Gracie O'Malley.

Marg said...

Oh that is sad. Sounds like she didn't know what to do with the kittens. That is really too bad. Sending lots of purrs and some hugs too. Take care.

The Island Cats said...

We are sorry to hear this. Purrs to you and Gracie O'Malley.

ZOOLATRY said...

Sharing purrs, sharing prayers ...

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I am so very sorry to hear this. I had a cat abort once, and it was very emotional on me.

It probably goes with out saying so forgive me while I say it, but don't forget to get her to a vet for a check up to make sure everything came out and that she isn't suffering any abnormalities because of this..

Purrs all around for a quick recovery and return to good health.

Katie Isabella said...

God bless...