www.flickr.com

Sunday, March 25, 2012

More of the same, in a good way

The kitten was around 7-1/2 ounces (212 grams) yesterday.  I've kind of given up on the daily weighings.  The only scale I have that'll work at all is an old postage scale, only readable to about a 1/2 ounce (14 grams) or so.  I just don't think the benefit is worth the hassle for me or the kitten. Most of the sites who insist on daily weights also tube feed the kitten, and I don't do that either.

In other news, I generated a mess of Kitten Glop, kind of combining the first two recipes from a page Save Our Savannahs sent us.  Several people said they preferred the Glop to commercial KMR, and I was about to run out over the weekend anyway, so I figured it was worth the effort.  The kitten seems to like it, and Grace O'Malley thought it tasted great when I let her try a dribble.  The only problem is the recipe generated a whole bunch of Glop, probably more than we'll be able to use before it spoils.  Does any one know, does Glop freeze?

The establishment kitties have been checking out the cardboard box some, although Grace is the only one who really seems interested in the kitten itself.  I let them sniff noses a time or two, but Grace runs off after a quick sniff.

4 comments:

KARLAVAGNEN said...

Keep up the good work!!! I have no clue about if the glop you have put together will be fine to freeze.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Good luck. I have no idea if such a thing freezes!

Oui Oui said...

We googled kitten glop and it can be frozen for up to 4 months. They suggest freezing it in ice cube trays. It sounds like our big cats would like it too! We learned lots of stuff, like kittens need to be burped too!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Yup, kitten glop freezes :)

I only weigh kittens when I get a feeling something isn't right.. (or when I'm curious how big they have gotten) I weighed my fosters the other day because Petra was feeling.... well it is hard to describe, like her fur got too big for her.. but she's still gaining, so all is good.

Glad the Lee County Kitten is doing well and gaining weight..