www.flickr.com

Sunday, December 5, 2010

For Ozzie


Hi. Dan (AKA The Food Source) here, with a post I really tried not to have to make.

After more than a month, there is still no sign of Ozzie. I looked around, hoping that if nothing else, I would find his body, or at least a large area of orange fur, but so far, nothing. Ozzie is large, tough tom cat, who spent at least a year or so living on his own before we connected. So I keep hoping he is out there somewhere, surviving off of his street smarts.

What really bothers me is that the last time I saw Ozzie, I was closing up the house for the night. I thought about making him come inside, but I decided to let him be. It was going to be one of the last nice nights of the fall, and I figured Ozzie could take care of himself.

It looks like I was wrong.

Ozzie, where ever you are, I hope you are doing well. I'll keep looking for you. If you are out there somewhere, come home, OK?



17 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

We'll add our prayers to yours.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Purrs for Ozzie and for you-

OKcats said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to read this. I know you must be terribly worried about Ozzie. I hope he comes home soon.

Cat said...

My boys are purring hard that Ozzie hears you and comes home soon!

A few Good Cats said...

If any cat could take care of himself, it's Ozzie. We're sending come-home vibes his way...

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We hope Ozzie finds his way home again and has just been stayin with other Beins...

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Please come home Ozzie. It's been a sad year for the cat blogosphere, your humans need you home.

Lots of purrs to you all.

Random Felines said...

We will keep our paws crossed that Ozzie comes home safe and sound and very soon!

Kate said...

Please come home, Ozzie :(

Anonymous said...

we is purring hard for you and Ozzie. we hopes he is okay, toughing it out, and that he will come home for Catmas...

Rach's Kits said...

Good luck Ozzie, find your way home soon. Lots of Purrs to you and Ozzie.

Keep on with hope.

Kaz's Cats said...

We're sending purrs and purrayers to you and Ozzie...we really hope he comes by soon,

{{{hugs}}}

Gypsy & Tasha and Karen (Mum)

Mr Puddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr Puddy said...

Ozzie Ozzie..don't be scare to come home, everyone forgive you... like me...Today I came home so late, my mom is so angry..I gave me a big BIG lecture and then she end up with hug and kiss and feed me : )

And thanks to visit me. Yes...I'm no longer a visitor anymore. My mom adopted me last September from my ex- owner ( after she have been stalking me for a while )

Freya's Staff said...

Sorry we haven't visited for a while...xx

Really sorry to read about Ozzie... We hope and pray that he's happy where he is, and having a rich time of it.

There will always be whatifs, but really, don't dwell on them. it doesn't help anything or anyone.

hugs, especially for you.
xxxx

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I am so sorry to hear of this. I too lost a cat to the great outdoors, and the waiting and not knowing... it is so hard on the soul.

Drunk On Books And Adventure said...

I searched, but couldn't see any updates saying Ozzie has returned. I shall add our purrs to yours and hope that perhaps someone has taken him in and he's having a whale of a time.