www.flickr.com

Friday, February 23, 2007

Unofficial Unthursday Unthirteen

The Official Thursday Thirteen is ending, and I never got a chance to get into that game.

So I decided to do an occasional Unofficial Unthursday Unthirteen. They will seldom, if ever, be on Thursday. They will seldom, if ever, have thirteen items. I may or may not ever do another

Unthursday Unthirteen.

This is a list of things I've learned about Cat Blogging and the Cat-o-sphere.


  1. It is hard write using the voice of a cat, especially if I'm trying to accurately follow the viewpoint of the cat.

  2. It is even harder if you have four cats.

  3. It is hard to blog with a cat sleeping where the keyboard belongs.
    <span class=
    <span class=
    <span class=


  4. It is hard to read blogs with a cat sleeping on the mouse.
    <span class=

  5. I finally found an environment where having four cats is not weird.

  6. In fact, in this world I might be viewed as something of a slacker.

  7. I have to be careful what I say when not in the Cat-o-sphere. You get weird looks if you ask: “Where is the stinky goodness” or talk about a “forever home” or “poodin”.

  8. I mourn the loss of cats I never met, and never could have visited.

  9. I worry about people and cats I never met, and likely never will meet.

  10. I see triumphs that I never would have heard of otherwise.

  11. If I read all the blogs I'm following, I never have time to write anything myself.
Note: The links in the list above are meant to be examples, only. If I left out your favorite example, forgive me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are most excellent photo's.
our mum says isn't it great to find an enviroment were you meet lots of kindled spirts but we don't know what she means, don't most houses have 4 or 5 cats in them?

The Lee County Clowder said...

The disturbing thing is the way the head count keeps increasing.

Artsy Catsy said...

Hi Radcliff, Allie, Luna & Ozzie!

Thanks for stopping by with get well wishes for LittleGirl. We're very pleased to make your acquaintance! And Luna sounds a lot like our Callie -- from lovable to cranky at lightning speed!

The Artsy Catsy houseful

Reverse Barometer said...

Four cats? In the house? I think I'll set up a business selling you lint brushes and litter.

I love the pictures on your site. Thanks for visiting my blog.

The Lee County Clowder said...

RB, with only four cats, I doubt I'm even in the Top Ten.

Check out Forty Paws, or The Zoo, or Artsy Catsy, or The Famous Five, or any of a number of others.

You've entered a different world here.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Hi, just found your blog via the Cat Blogosphere and the Mr. Linkie for Skeezix-Zeus-Beau not to stop blogging!

Great list. Really enjoyed it. I'll have lil KC mention your blog specifically, but think it will wait till things quiet down a bit.

Anonymous said...

I have four cats, too! I talk about them (and Chairman Mao, my youngest blogs) here. And what a great list -- and purr-ecious pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

I like cuddling in Mom's lap when she's at the computer. If I stay in her lap, she pets me and lets me dictate for my blog. If I try to type, she gets antsy saying I don't type fast enough.

Keep bloggin'!

Kat 3 said...

I'm weeks late in reading your Unofficial Unthursday Unthirteen, but I really enjoyed it! Great photos!

-Kat 3, of The Morning Scratch